Free one-to-one mentoring*
We offer a free 2-hour 1:1 business mentoring session to pre-start businesses and those in the first year of trading. The session is conducted at your place of business or home (your preference) and can cover any aspect of business based on what you feel would benefit you most. We can hold a general discussion about business if that seems most helpful.
“We approached Chris from Harlow Business Mentors to ask his advice on how we could become a not for profit but self-sustaining company. Chris carefully considered all the information we supplied about how our company is currently operating. We described some of the problems we were having and some of the successes.
Chris gave us advice on how to improve our marketing, and our day to day running. Chris gave us financial advice and ideas to increase our income. He also advised about using the internet to raise our profile and gave us several options on how to do this safely.
We found Chris very respectful, especially where our knowledge was lacking, and very informative.
We would approach Chris again and would not hesitate to recommend Harlow Business Mentors to others.”
Jane McSweeney of Elbow Grease after their free 1:1 business mentoring session
How it works
To be eligible to apply for a free session you must meet the following criteria:
- The business must be pre-start and within 3 months of starting to trade* or within the first year of trading
- Your business must be located within a 10 mile radius of the centre of Harlow (see map)
- You must be able to hold the session within one month of being notified that you are successful.
* To qualify for a free session as a pre-start, you will need to have either registered with HMRC to be self-employed or have incorporated your company with Companies House.
- Your name
- Your business name (if known)
- The date you started trading or plan to start
- Your phone number
- Business address and post code
- A paragraph about why you think you will benefit from a session
This is a completely free service and is offered without obligation or pressure to take paid-for services. Harlow Business Mentors have absolute discretion in determining who is eligible to be offered free mentoring.